Cannabis can provide countless benefits to a wide variety of different people; benefits that don’t have to be just for medicinal purposes. Those who are just starting to experiment can often overlook all that this plant has to offer. I’ve compiled a list of potential effects that users have shared with me in the past that you too may find to be useful. Just remember that not everyone responds to cannabis in the same exact way. In fact, it’s not uncommon for people to experience differents highs when sharing the same joint. Seeking out specific effects from various strains will be trial-and-error so remember not to get discouraged if you don’t immediately find what you’re looking for. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” is extremely applicable to cannabis. Try keeping a log or diary of what works for you and what doesn’t so you don’t forget.
- Productivity. Look for a strain that gives you energizing effects and you may find yourself suddenly inspired to wash your dishes, do some laundry, or clean out the attic. Try: Haze, Durban Poison
- Creativity. Whether it’s painting, writing, or playing music, you could find that the creative juices start flowing after indulging in a toke or two. Try: Chemdawg, LSD
- Arousal. Cannabis can be beneficial for both men and women when it comes to getting in the mood and enhancing certain sensations. Some strains can have the complete opposite effect though so beware. Try: Strawberry Cough, Mimosa
- Socializing. While it’s common for new users to feel a bit of social anxiety when first experimenting, there are several strains out there that can actually make you feel more comfortable when hanging out with friends. Try: Girl Scout Cookies, ACDC
- Exercising. If you haven’t caught on by now, the idea that stoners are always couch-locked and lazy is a thing of the past. People are now using cannabis for motivation before they hit the gym or go on a hike. Try: Super Lemon Haze, Green Crack
- Studying. Yes, cannabis can even help people find the motivation to study as well as focus on what they’re working on. I got through many of my college classes with help from Mary Jane. Try: Tangie, Harlequin
- Unwinding. Probably one of the most common reasons for recreational users to get high is just simply relaxing at the end of the day and relieving the tension and stress from your body. Try: Zkittlez, Bubba Kush
If you get the chance to stop in at Cape Cod Cannabis in Wellfleet, I recommend checking out the effect-based wall where products are sorted by how they may make you feel.