Working in cannabis retail for the past two years, I’ve found that one of the most common reasons people are coming into the dispensary is to find sleep-inducing products. Some are looking for help falling asleep initially while others need help getting back to sleep in the middle of the night. Luckily, cannabis can be extremely effective for any insomnia-riddled users. For those shopping in the adult use Massachusetts market, I’ve compiled a list of the products that have benefited myself the most.
- Dream Drops tincture by Treeworks. Tinctures are great for those waking up in the middle of the night because of the fast onset. I’m a huge fan of Treeworks tinctures specifically for two reasons. The first reason is that they produce full spectrum tinctures with RSO. RSO has many medicinal benefits on top of making the product feel more potent. My second reason is that they do a good job of masking the sometimes unpleasant taste of cannabis oil without adding any sugar. If you can’t find the Treeworks brand near you, look for another indica tincture product.
- Manna Speed Tabs in the “sleep” formula by Freshly Baked. Manna Speed Tabs have a five minute onset, making them my most used product. The sleep formula is half THC and half CBN. CBN is an extremely relaxing cannabinoid that is used often for getting to bed. Because of this ratio, I don’t find myself getting high from this product but I do find it impossible to keep my eyes open which is the main goal for me. Simply let the tablet(s) dissolve under your tongue right before you brush your teeth, and you’ll be ready to go.
- Cranberry Pomegranate gummies by Coast. These gummies offer a 1:1:1 ratio of THC, CBD, and CBN. Again, that CBN is going to add an extra sleepy aspect to the product. These will have a longer onset than the two previously mentioned products, which is anywhere from one to two hours. One perk of having a long onset is long duration of effects, so this is an ideal product for those seeking effects six to eight hours long.
- Cannatini’s Cranberry Lime Mojito gummies by North East Alternatives. This product isn’t directly marketed for sleep, but it provides a heavy body high that can be very sedative. The onset and duration of effects will be the same as the previous gummies. I’d recommend this to users who enjoy feeling high as well as those who need assistance relaxing at the end of the day. Just like the RSO-infused tincture we discussed, you may find these to be more potent and medicinally beneficial than distillate-infused gummies.
- Honorable mention: Bedtime Betty’s by Betty’s Eddies. These get an honorable mention because I don’t use them myself, but they are sought out frequently by those who have issues sleeping. Bedtime Betty’s features a candy similar to a taffy, infused with THC and melatonin. If you respond well to melatonin, you may find that having it in combination with THC is even more efficient. Onset of one to two hours and the effects will last six to eight hours.
Taylor Sieg – CCC Product Specialist